MAJDANEK AND LUBLIN
one day tour from Warsaw
11 hours, start at 08.00 am
Shared tour: € 180 per person
Private tour: € 720 per car (max 3 persons)
Hotel pick up and drop off
(centrally located hotels)
English speaking guide (all day long)
AC sedan or minibus
Shared or private tour
Visit the place, which is different than Auschwitz or Dachau. It’s the most complete witness of the terrifying Holocaust. Silent, with no crowds and rush. You might get a feeling, that it was just abandoned and left intact (which is true). Chill out at a beautiful old town in Lublin afterward.
- Skip the regular tourist path
- Get to know the best preserved Concentration Camp of the Holocaust
- Take a brief visit at Lublin Old town and enjoy the lunch break
- English speaking tour guide (all day long)
- Regular car or minibus
- (visit at the Majdanek Museum is free of charge)
BOOK THE TOUR
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
After the hotel pick up you’ll drive with your guide towards Lublin, which is located approx. 190 kilometres from Warsaw (3 hours drive). The thrilling museum – Majdanek Concentration Camp, was a Nazi German concentration and extermination camp established on the outskirts of the city of Lublin during the German occupation of Poland in World War II. The camp, which operated from October 1, 1941, until July 22, 1944, was captured nearly intact because the rapid advance of the Soviet Red Army prevented the SS from destroying most of its infrastructure. Majdanek, also known to the SS as Konzentrationslager Lublin, remains the best-preserved Nazi concentration camp of the Holocaust. Nowadays it’s a quiet and a bit forgotten Museum, which you will visit with our guide.
After the visit in Majdanek guide will take you to the Old Town of Lublin. This city thrived as a centre of trade and commerce due to its strategic location on the route between Vilnius and Kraków; the inhabitants had the privilege of free trade in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The Lublin Parliament session of 1569 led to the creation of a real union between the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, thus creating the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Lublin was a royal city of the Crown Kingdom of Poland, and for centuries, the city has been flourishing as a centre of culture and higher learning, with Kraków, Warsaw, Poznań, and Lwów.
Although Lublin was not spared from severe destruction during World War II, its picturesque and historic Old Town has been preserved. The district is one of Poland’s official national historic monuments, as designated May 16, 2007, and tracked by the National Heritage Board of Poland.
Shared tour is priced per person and guests participate in their tour together with other travellers. The minimum number of persons needed to launch the shared tour is 2. A single traveller can join the tour if another booking for at least 2 persons exists. If you would like to book the tour for more that 7 persons please contact us to receive the special offer.
Private tour is priced per car, it can be booked for max 3 persons.
Pickup – shared tour
Pickup for shared tours is available for centrally located hotels. If your hotel/apartment is not listed our advisor will suggest the closest and most comfortable meeting point.
Pickup – private tour
Pickup service is available for all Warsaw hotels, Airbnb and apartments.
- If you want to book the tour for children who are shorter than 150 cm (4,9 ft) you must contact tour operator before booking the tour and check the availability of toddler/child car seat/booster seat.
- There is no child pricing. All participants pay the adult price
- Please contact us before booking the tour if you have food intolerances, allergies or other health issues such as mobility limitations.
- Please wear proper clothing since you will spend time outdoor
- The amount of walk is moderate
- Please have your breakfast before the departure of the tour. After the visit in Wolf’s Lair guide can stop for you to have lunch/dinner in the restaurant on the way
- Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 24 hours less before the tour.