FULL DAY TOUR FROM WARSAW
WOLF’S LAIR ADOLF HITLER’S WWII HEADQUARTERS
Standard option: 11 hours, start at 08.00 am
Extended option: 16 hours, start at 07.00 am
From 369 PLN / € 92 per person
Hotel pick up and drop off
(all Warsaw hotels)
English speaking guide (all day)
Regular car / minibus
Standard option: runs all year
Extended option: runs from 1st of April to 31st of October
This tour is a must-do for WWII history buffs. Visit the remains of the biggest and most important headquarters of Adolf Hitler and its monster bunkers which almost became his grave during famous operation Valkyrie. If you’re hungry for more book the extended option of the tour.
- Visit the famous complex of Wolf’s Lair
- Discover forgotten complex of Mamerki headquarters (extended tour option)
- Hit on mysterious Lesniewo sluice (extended tour option)
- Enjoy your time with educated and professional guide-driver
- Experience the lovely countryside of Poland
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
Wolf’s Lair was the most important of Hitler’s headquarters hidden in Masuria, a region of Northern Poland famous for its 2.000 lakes. Together with lakes and swamps, it was the perfect place to set up an inaccessible complex of bunkers. The complex, which would become one of several Führer Headquarters located in various parts of occupied Europe, was built for the start of Operation Barbarossa – the invasion of the Soviet Union – in 1941. The top secret, high-security site was in the Masurian woods about 8 km from the small East Prussian town of Rastenburg (now Kętrzyn in Poland). Three security zones surrounded the central complex where the Führer’s bunker was located. Despite the security, an assassination attempt against Hitler was made at Wolf’s Lair on 20 July 1944. Unfortunately, the bomb planted by Claus von Stauffenberg in the map room did not kill Hitler (he survived around 35 assassination attempts during his life!). On 25th of January 1945, due to the rapid advance of the Red Army, the complex was blown up and abandoned.
There are two options of this tour to choose: Standard and Extended
Standard tour: Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive with you to the Wolf’s Lair, where you will explore the complex with a local English speaking guide*. After 3 hours (including a lunch break in the local canteen) you’ll drive back to Warsaw. Please bear in mind that we will not just send the driver with you – you’ll spend all day with your private, experienced, guide. That’s why we are different!
Extended tour: Mazury area is full of interesting spots – it would be a pity to miss them! The extended tour lets you experience also the bunkers of the Mamerki Wehrmacht headquarters – what’s amazing is that they were not blown up like Hitler’s ones! As something extra, we will show you the mysterious and abandoned construction of a sluice which was about to become part of the Nazi-built Mazury canal.
*If the local guide will not be available tour will be led by your guide-driver.
- English speaking tour guide (all day)
- Regular car or minibus
- Private tour
- Entrance fees
- Wolf’s Lair bunkers tour with local guide*
- Lunch and dinner breaks (dinner – extended tour only) – guest pay for their food on their own
- Visit at Mamerki bunkers complex (Extended tour only)
- Visit at Lesniewo sluice (Extended tour only)
*If local guide will not be available this part will be led by your guide-driver
BOOK THE TOUR
This private tour can be booked right away for a group from 1 to 7 persons. If you would like to book this tour for the bigger group please contact our office and we will prepare the best offer for you.
Private tours are priced per group and the service is exclusive – there will be no other travellers on the tour.
Pickup service is available for all Warsaw hotels, Airbnb and apartments.
- If you want to book the tour for children who are shorter than 150 cm (4,9 ft) you must contact tour operator before booking the tour and check the availability of toddler/child car seat/booster seat.
- There is no child pricing. All participants pay the adult price
- You should contact tour operator before booking a tour to make sure is the tour appropriate to you if you have food intolerance, allergies or other health issues
- You have to contact tour operator before booking the tour if you require special assistance (e.g. wheelchair assistance)
- Please wear proper clothing since you will spend time outdoor
- The amount of walk is moderate
- Please have your breakfast before the departure of the tour
- Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 2 day(s) or less before the tour.
- Please contact us before booking the tour if you have food intolerances, allergies or other health issues such as mobility limitations.