WARSAW FOOD TOUR
4 hours, start at 10.00 am
290 PLN / € 73 per person
Hotel pick up and drop off
(centrally located hotels)
English speaking guide
(other languages on request)
Communist minibus Zuk
Food and drinks included (see inclusions section)
Runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Shared tour (not private)
70% – walk, 30% – drive
Taste the best of Polish cuisine in Warsaw, experience our culture and get to know the history of Poland linked to its food on this 4 hours off the beaten tourist path food tour. With the help of our retro minibus, our foodie-guide will take you to much more exciting and tasty places than typical walking food tours do. You will experience our best farmer’s bazaar, traditional pastry shop, local restaurant and pub. You will get to taste our cold meats, fish, pickled treats, cheese, dumplings, soups, bread, and dessert. This tour is not just an education in Polish cuisine, but a chance to really understand Warsaw’s social history and Polish people. You will be picked up from your hotel by our guide driving unique communist made minibus. Travelling with this exceptional vehicle you will be able to experience much more than during the walking tour!
- Skip the regular tourist food path
- Get to know authentic food, Polish history, and culture
- Experience Polish cuisine with our educated and friendly foodie-guide
- Fill up the stomach with delicious Polish sweets
- Get to know the history of the city
- Travel in a genuine minibus from the communist era
BOOK THE TOUR
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
Let us join the feast of crispy and deep fried historical facts mixed with a salad of fresh and juicy combination of modern architecture and anecdotes, wrapped in a thin slice of tender approach and baked in room temperature for 4 hours. During this time one consumes not only by using brain, spirit and mind but also or rather especially by using jaws, tongue and stomach. For this moment history of Warsaw, important sites of it and fabulous figures from the past just create a background for the biggest, brightest and best star of this city that is its cuisine. Nutritious, full of vitamins and natural food. Soups, cold meats, fish, pickled treats, cheese, dumplings, soups, bread, and dessert and way more are waiting for daredevils ready to fill up their bellies with all that delicious food. There’s no peer pressure, mandatory meals or fines for not finishing the main course but rather plenty of prizes for active participation and full respond to whatever it is that is plated up. Fans of wisdom, facts and knowledge won’t be disappointed as well due to assist of a guide that leads one through all the nuances of Polish cuisine, culture and history. Tales of Communism, Praga district and the Old Town of Warsaw are a must but expect some deep and insightful stories from different parts of local history. A true historical, amusing and of course regular feast that Warsaw experience is.
- If a single reservation is made for 1 to 7 persons they are joined with other travellers, to total 8, which is a capacity of one retro minibus.
- If a single reservation is made for at least 8 persons tour becomes exclusive for that group and no other travellers are added.
Tip: if your party is smaller than 8 and you would like to receive an exclusive service please book 8 tickets for a shared tour or choose one of our PRIVATE TOURS
Shared tours are priced per person and guests participate in their tour together with other travellers.
The minimum number of persons needed to launch the shared tour is 2. A single traveller can join the tour if another booking for at least 2 persons exists.
Pickup for shared tours is available up to 1 kilometre from the city centre (the central point is “Rondo Dmowskiego” roundabout). If your hotel/apartment is located farther our advisor will suggest the closest and most comfortable meeting point.
- Cars are used mainly for transfers between locations where guests have walks with their guide.
- If two minibuses are used on the tour guide will ride in only one during transfers.
- Tours with retro minibuses are available only for persons taller than 150 cm (4,9 ft).
- Retro minibuses are not equipped with air conditioning, they are equipped with an efficient heating system for wintertime.
- Some of the retro minibuses are not equipped with seatbelts (which is legal with classic vintage cars).
- Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 2 day(s) or less before the event.
- Please contact us before booking the tour if you have food intolerances, allergies or other health issues such as mobility limitations.
- Vegetarian option is available, you must inform tour supplier 24 hours before the tour at the latest.
- Vegan and non-gluten options are not available.