MAJDANEK AND KAZIMIERZ DOLNY TOUR
12 hours, start at 08.00 am
from 385 PLN / € 96 per person
Hotel pick up and drop off
English speaking guide-driver
Regular car / minibus
Runs all year, Tuesday-Friday
Visit the best preserved Nazi concentration camp of the Holocaust – Majdanek Camp, a silent, not filled with tourists and touching museum. Explore a beautiful renaissance town Kazimierz Dolny afterward.
Majdanek was a Nazi German camp established on the outskirts of the city of Lublin during World War II. This site remains the best-preserved extermination camp of the Holocaust and, sadly, seems to be overshadowed by Auschwitz camp museum, which is way too overcrowded and commercialized nowadays. Majdanek is a place which can be visited without rush, in quietness and with respect to who ended their lives there.
The second part of the tour is a visit in Kazimierz Dolny town. It’s a pearl of Polish Renaissance, with the main square looking as if it has been untouched since the 16th Century. It is one of the most beautifully situated little towns in Poland and considered as one of the top tourist attractions.
- Visit the Museum of Majdanek Concentration Camp
- Feel the atmosphere of small Renaissance town Kazimierz Dolny
- Enjoy your time with educated and professional guide-driver
- Experience the lovely countryside of Poland
- English speaking tour guide (all day)
- Regular car or minibus
- Private tour
- Entrance fees
BOOK THE TOUR
Please choose the date first, then “Rate” and “People”. For example, if you book the tour for 2 persons please choose Rate=2, People=2. To proceed with the reservation click “Book”.
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
After the hotel pick up you’ll drive with your guide-driver to the thrilling museum – Majdanek Nazi Concentration Camp, near Lublin city (3 hours drive form Warsaw). Majdanek (aka KL Lublin) was a Nazi German concentration and extermination camp established on the outskirts of the city of Lublin during the German occupation of Poland in World War II. The camp, which operated from October 1, 1941 until July 22, 1944, was captured nearly intact because the rapid advance of the Soviet Red Army prevented the SS from destroying most of its infrastructure. Majdanek, also known to the SS as Konzentrationslager Lublin, remains the best preserved Nazi concentration camp of the Holocaust.
On the way back from Majdanek you’ll visit the lovely Kazimierz Dolny town. It’s a pearl of Polish Renaissance, with the main square looking as if it has been untouched since the 16th Century. It is a considerable tourist attraction as one of the most beautifully situated little towns in Poland. It enjoyed its greatest prosperity in the 16th and the first half of the 17th century, due to the trade in grain conducted along the Vistula. It became an economic backwater after that trade declined, and this freeze in economic development enabled the town to preserve its Renaissance urban plan and appearance. Over the years Kazimierz became an important location for the Polish Jewish community. Between the First and Second World wars, the Jewish population was about 1,400, reaching half the total population of the town.
This private tour can be booked right away for a group from 1 to 7 persons. If you would like to book this tour for the bigger group please contact our office and we will prepare the best offer for you.
Private tours are priced per group and the service is exclusive – there will be no other travellers on the tour.
Pickup service is available for all Warsaw hotels, Airbnb and apartments.
- If you want to book the tour for children who are shorter than 150 cm (4,9 ft) you must contact tour operator before booking the tour and check the availability of toddler/child car seat/booster seat.
- There is no child pricing. All participants pay the adult price
- You should contact tour operator before booking a tour to make sure is the tour appropriate to you if you have food intolerance, allergies or other health issues
- You have to contact tour operator before booking the tour if you require special assistance (e.g. wheelchair assistance)
- Please wear proper clothing since you will spend time outdoor
- The amount of walk is moderate
- Please have your breakfast before the departure of the tour
- Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 2 day(s) or less before the tour.
- Please contact us before booking the tour if you have food intolerances, allergies or other health issues such as mobility limitations.