BEHIND THE SCENES TOUR
- standard: 4 hours, start at 10.00 am
- extended: 5,5 hours, start at 10.00 am
- standard: 169 PLN / € 43 per person
- extennded: 229 PLN / € 58 per person
Hotel pick up and drop off
English speaking guide
Communist minibus Zuk
Local lunch and drink
The idea of this tour is to take you off the typical tourist track and let you experience this unique city by visiting places which, as tourist, you don’t usually have the chance to see. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel with our extraordinary red communist minibus which makes the tour even more “spicy”!
You will be amazed listening to and learning about the city’s fascinating history and its local culture. We focus on the complicated story of the 20th Century – World War II, communism and how Poles struggled to develop their country, which has been independent since 1989. To let you have a complete experience of Polish culture we will take you for the local Polish food, and let you try the famous Polish vodka. These food spots will definitely be local ones.
- Get to know socialist realism architecture – the Palace of Culture and Science and the communist neighbourhood.
- Discover belle époque streets and hidden pre-war courtyards.
- Hear the heartbreaking story of the Warsaw Jewish ghetto.
- Check out the original Praga district – a hidden, hip and artistic gem of Warsaw.
- Try the specialities of Polish cuisine
- Visit places that tourists don’t usually have a chance to see.
- Finish your tour with a classic 1,5 hours Old Town walk (see Extended option of the tour)
With 169 PLN / € 43 per person you get:
- Warsaw Behind The Scenes guide
- Cult Żuk fire service minibus from the communist era
- Genuine Polish food at the local spot
- Shot of famous Polish vodka (or coffee)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Standard or Extended?
If you wish to extend your tour with Warsaw Old Town, please book “Extended” tour. This option will fulfil your experience of Warsaw.
Read before you book:
About our cars
Nobody even dreamed about AC in communist days and our cars are not equipped with it. If the day is very hot we provide bottled water in the car, for free of charge.
Our communist minibuses are equipped with efficient heating in the cabin.
Some of our cars are equipped with seatbelts, some are not. It is legal for adults to not fasten seatbelts in the classic vintage cars in Poland.
PLEASE NOTICE: If you book the tour for person who is shorter than 150 centimeters you will have to inform us about this fact. In this case car has to be equipped with seatbelts.
One communist minibus can take max. 8 passengers.
Currently we have 5 Żuk minibuses which can take max. 38 persons. In case of bigger groups we can rent more minibuses or buses.
Pick up details
Yes, we pick up our guests from centrally located Warsaw hotels. If your hotel or apartment is not located in the city center you will have to meet our guide at the meeting point, which will be confirmed by us once you book the tour.
Exact pick up time will be confirmed by our office once you book the tour. Depending on the hotel it can be +/- 20 minutes from the time mentioned on the tour’s website.
If you have any kind of trouble with meeting our guide please call our office:
- +48 22 247 83 31 (Monday-Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm)
- +48 605 278 289 (our emergency number after office hours)
If we will be unable to contact you guide will leave the pick up spot after 15 minutes and he will not come back.
Yes, we need at least two persons to launch the tour. If you’re a single traveller please ask us is there a tour that you could join or please book the private tour.