BEHIND THE SCENES TOUR
4 hours, start at 10.00 am
169 PLN / € 43 per person
Hotel pick up and drop off
(centrally located hotels)
English speaking guide
(other languages on request)
Communist minibus Zuk
Runs all year, all week
Shared tour (not private)
Experience a fascinating history of Warsaw, Polish culture and nowadays life on this 4 hours off the beaten tourist path tour. With a help of our communist retro minibus our guide will take you through less known and, in the opinion of our clients, much more interesting and eye-opening sites than typical Old Town tours. This small group tour features places related to World War II, Jewish Ghetto, communism, Praga district, and other interesting stories and anecdotes. Relaxing break with traditional refreshments in a local eatery is included in the tour price. Get to know the “real” Warsaw!
- Skip the regular tourist path
- Get to know the authentic city, its history and culture
- Be introduced to Warsaw by our well educated and friendly guide
- Experience Polish refreshments
- Feel the city atmosphere from an insider’s point of view
- Receive much more than on regular “guide talks about buildings” tours
BOOK THE TOUR
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
The minibus is a “history on wheels” and we are pretty sure that you will love it! This is a small group tour, which means that we join no more than 8 travellers in one car. Nevertheless, if you would like to book the tour for the bigger group – that is no problem, with our 6 minibuses we can host up to 45 persons at one time and in this case, we will ride a group of minibuses together. Our guide will talk with you in the car and on short walks – this is not just a driving tour since you will explore also places not accessible by car, but the total amount of walk is low. Please feel free to have discussions with our guide, we love to keep our tours interactive and we want to treat you not just as a tourist, but as our foreign friends who visit our hometown.
Since the tour is called “Behind the Scenes” we will let you experience less touristy parts of our city. Tour will start with remains of the pre-WWII city centre of Warsaw. Lovely facades but.. small and dark courtyards. Compared to communist made blocks of flats, which do you think is better? Feel free to discuss it with your guide. Next, the group will explore less known parts of former Jewish Ghetto, created by Nazi in the year 1940. This is an important part of our history since 30% of Warsaw citizens in the year 1939 were Jewish and their influence can still be found in Polish culture. Two city uprisings during WWII ended up in the almost complete destruction of our city (85% of it was gone) and communist regime, which settled up in the year 1945, had a serious task to cope with – reconstruction of Poland’s capital city. What’s more, since it seemed to be the only chance ever, architects decided to remodel the city and make it a much more comfortable place to live and work. On the other hand, the communist party wanted to convert Warsaw into a model Soviet-style city, with monumental buildings filled with the happy proletariat. Well, they tried but failed.
The next part is the enigmatic Praga district, located at the Eastern side of the Vistula river. Once forgotten, nowadays it becomes a hip and artistic piece of Warsaw still not affected by commercial tourism. On the way back to the city centre you will see some interesting buildings like the National Stadium, National Museum and hear stories about them – did you know that you can find a palm tree in Warsaw? After 4-4,5 hours our guide will drop you off back in your hotel or in the city centre if you wish to.
- Professional local guide
- Communist retro minibus Żuk
- Hotel pick up and drop off (centrally located hotels)
- Traditional refreshments
Hotel pick up
- Dom Chlopa
- Hampton by Hilton Warsaw City Centre
- Holiday Inn Warsaw City Centre
- Hotel Bellotto
- Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
- Hotel Rialto
- InterContinental Warszawa
- Mamaison Residence Diana Warsaw
- Mercure Warsaw Grand
- Mercure Warszawa Centrum
- Metropol Hotel
- Novotel Warszawa Centrum
- Polonia Palace Hotel
- Radisson Blu Centrum Hotel Warszawa
- Raffles Europejski Warsaw
- Sheraton Warsaw Hotel
- Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel
- The Westin Warsaw
- Warsaw Marriott Hotel
The hotel pick up and drop off are available for centrally located hotels. If your hotel is not centrally located tour operator will contact you directly to set up a convenient pick up point. If you’re not sure that pick up covers your hotel please contact tour operator before booking the tour.
Read before you book:
- At least two guests are needed to launch the tour. If you want to book the tour as a single traveler please contact the tour provider before making the reservation. If there will be more bookings for that day you will join other guests, if not: tour provider may suggest an alternative date or your reservation will be canceled and 100% of payment will be refunded to you (if you have already paid).
- This tour is available for adults and children taller than 150 centimeters (4,9 ft) only.
- Youth under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- You should contact the tour operator before booking a tour to make sure is the tour appropriate to you if you have food intolerances, allergies or other health issues.
- You have to contact tour operator before booking the tour if you require special assistance.
- Please wear proper clothing since short walks are the part of the tour.
- Classic vintage minibuses are not equipped with air conditioning, they are equipped with an efficient heating system for wintertime.
- Some of the classic vintage minibuses are not equipped with seatbelts (which is legal with classic vintage cars).